February 24, 2014
Now that iPads are becoming more and more common as support devices, we have more requests for workflow to make the devices more personal. One of the most commonly requested ways is to link the iPad to the District Gmail account.
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR DISTRICT PASSWORD:
1. On a PC computer, go to your staff Gmail account and log in.
2. On the top-right hand side, find your name and click on it. A drop-down menu will appear.
3. Click the ACCOUNT link
4. On the next page is a link called SECURITY. Click this link and change the password.
(Note: This does not change your DRUPAL password that you use to get into Staff Only webpage -- this is separate from your email account.)
NOW GO TO YOUR iPAD:
1. Go to the SETTINGS app and choose --> MAIL,CONTACTS... --> ADD ACCOUNT. Here, choose Gmail.
2. Enter your First and Last Name in the first field.
3. Enter your District Email address and Password.
5. On the next screen, choose SAVE. You have to do this or it won't link.
Now, you can also add your calendar. Toggle this to ON, tap on SAVE and then exit Settings. Open your Calendar app and your Mail app to see if it worked.