1. Open Safari on your iPad.
2. At the top right hand side is a gear icon. This is your SETTINGS button. Open it and choose SETTINGS.
3. At the next screen, look for the HANDWRITE area, click ENABLE and then SAVE.
4. Use your finger to write on the screen. You can write anything. Press down firmly or it won't recognize what you are writing.
5. If Google understood your handwriting, the word will be placed in the search bar and then changed to text.
6. To toggle back to the keyboard, look at the bottom of the screen. There is an icon with a handwritten "g" on the right. Press this icon to go to the keyboard.
7. To go back to HANDWRITE, press the "g" icon again.